CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blinds and Timber

Today's the day the timber for the retaining wall got delivered. My husband is excited and eager to get started. That had to be the post opening as where timber and my husband are concerned, timber is sacred lol.

Not to me...

Yes I'm glad it's here and excited that the retaining wall will be done soon, BUT I'm excited over the blinds quote even more!! :)

We originally got quotes through 3 'bigger' companies, well franchises really, but decided to get one last quote through a highly recommended local company. The quote ranged from $189 - $614 CHEAPER than the other quotes. So we agreed right then and there. They answered all our questions, well actually answered before we even asked lol. They didn't try and avoid things or 'sell' their product. No 50% deposit required and balance to be paid BEFORE installation, and I haven't heard a bad thing about them, unlike the others.

They also manufacture here, 10 minutes from our home so they should be done pretty soon. He said give it 2 weeks but it's likely they'll be ready before then :)

I cannot wait til they are installed. I'm sick of the mismatched non block out curtains, ripped blinds and on 2 windows, nothing at all.

So I look forward to my daughter being able to get a decent sleep without car lights lighting up her room.

3 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to see big projects like yours progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you post some pictures when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for ur comments :)

    Kristen, it sure is :) It sometimes seems so stressful and not worth it at times, but I know once it's done it will all have been worth it :)

    Tat, will do, I've been taking some progress pics and will post them soon :)

    ReplyDelete