CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pasta with Creamed Corn and White Sauce

Here's the recipe for the yummy pasta I made for tonight's dinner. I was sceptical about trying it at first, but I saw the kids scoffing it down, so I had a taste and I was hooked :)

Unless I'm following a specific recipe, I don't measure ingredients, so for this everything was chucked in to the amount I thought was good, so I've given a rough estimate to what the amounts looked like. You can change to what suits you :)

500g Pasta
4 rashers of Bacon
1 tin of Creamed Corn
2 cups of grated Cheese
1 Onion
1 tspn Garlic (I use the minced garlic in the jar)

White Sauce -

2 tbsn Butter/Marge
1-2 cups of Flour
2 Chicken stock cubes (just for a boost of flavour)
Enough milk for desired consistency
1 tbsn of Parmesan Cheese

Directions -

Cook Pasta
Fry Bacon and onion in fry pan til onion is almost see through, add Garlic and saute for a couple of minutes, once cooked set aside.
In another sauce pan (I reused the onion and bacon one to get the juices), melt the butter and add in flour and mix well.
Add in milk and whisk until all combined.
Add the chicken stock and whisk til it's a good consistency.
Once almost cooked, add both the grated and Parmesan Cheese, and bacon and onion mix. Stir til well combined.
Mix through the pasta and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment